- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Lime slices, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, peppers and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in the shrimp, wine, cilantro, lime juice, butter and salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with lime slices if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Scampi Adobo
Sort By :
I was afraid this was going to have a strong lime taste, but it turned out perfect. I for sure will make this over and over!
Delicious! A favorite of mine and my husbands. I make it all the time.