Scallops with Thai Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, peanut butter and chili sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute the onion, red pepper and cashews in remaining oil for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add scallops and corn; heat through. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallops with Thai Sauce(1)
Sort By :
This was an excellent dish! It could easily be made with shrimp substituted for the scallops if you wanted too. Next time I may try to add an additional Tablespoon of creamy peanut butter since we really couldn't taste the peanut butter flavor in the sauce. We didn't have cashews, so we crushed some peanuts and sprinkled them generously ontop of the finished dish. We will add this to our recipe box and make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >