Scallops with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes and hot water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- 2. Place broccoli and broth in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; set aside.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add scallops; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, basil, salt, and reserved tomatoes and broccoli mixture; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- 4. Drain the pasta; stir into scallop mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cup: 367 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 585mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Scallops with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.