Scallops with Spinach Noodles Recipe
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces spinach noodles
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place scallops and milk in a bowl; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, simmer tomatoes for 3 minutes. Remove tomatoes with a slotted spoon and set aside. Bring tomato liquid to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half. Add bay leaf, salt, pepper and tomatoes; set aside. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 3. Meanwhile, drain scallops; pat with paper towels until dry. Lightly coat scallops in flour.
- 4. In a large skillet, cook scallops and garlic in butter until scallops are opaque, about 4 minutes. Discard bay leaf; add to scallops. Drain noodles; toss with scallops. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 397 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.