- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces spinach noodles
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place scallops and milk in a bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, simmer tomatoes for 3 minutes. Remove tomatoes with a slotted spoon and set aside. Bring tomato liquid to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half. Add bay leaf, salt, pepper and tomatoes; set aside. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, drain scallops; pat with paper towels until dry. Lightly coat scallops in flour.
- In a large skillet, cook scallops and garlic in butter until scallops are opaque, about 4 minutes. Discard bay leaf; add to scallops. Drain noodles; toss with scallops. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Scallops with Spinach Noodles in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p18
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Scallops with Spinach Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >