"My mom used to serve this speedy stir-fry when I was young," shares Susan D'Amore of West Chester, Pennsylvania. "Now it's one of my family's most-requested dinners. It tastes great with shrimp, too."
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1-1/2 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry scallops and garlic in oil and butter for 5 minutes or until scallops are opaque; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the carrots, beans and red pepper until crisp-tender. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti. Add scallops and spaghetti to the vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Scallops with Spaghetti in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallops with Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review