Scallops with Red Pepper Sauce
When scallop season is open here in Nova Scotia, I use scallops fresh from the ocean. This dish is quick and easy yet tastes delicious.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the scallops, sweet red pepper, garlic, pepper flakes
- and salt in oil until scallops become firm and opaque. Remove from
- the heat. Drain pasta. Serve scallop mixture with linguine. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 348 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now