Scallops with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the scallops, sweet red pepper, garlic, pepper flakes and salt in oil until scallops become firm and opaque. Remove from the heat. Drain pasta. Serve scallop mixture with linguine. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 348 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 starch, 2 lean meat
Reviews for Scallops with Red Pepper Sauce
"Was very good but next time I would add a homemade Parmesan sauce over everything instead of just grated Parmesan cheese, I also used roasted red peppers instead of the ones called for and added some onion!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.