Scallops with Linguine Recipe
- 2 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch, broth and wine until smooth. In a nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add mushrooms, green onions and carrot; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Reduce heat. Add scallops and parsley; cook until scallops are firm and opaque. Serve with linguine and, if desired, lemon wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup scallop mixture with 1/2 cup linguine equals 281 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Scallops with Linguine
"Presents beautifully but the sauce is too thin and the scallops a bit overpowering for our taste. Will try it again though. Very easy to make."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.