“These scallops are especially scrumptious when served on steamed rice with a green salad on the side.” —Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Sprinkle scallops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute scallops in 1 tablespoon oil until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the juices, soy sauce and orange peel. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with scallops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Scallops with Citrus Glaze in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallops with Citrus Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review