- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Sprinkle scallops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute scallops in 1 tablespoon oil until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the juices, soy sauce and orange peel. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with scallops. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Scallops with Citrus Glaze
Sort By :
Easy to make. Absolutely delicious taste. Elegant. The only change I made was that I substituted Old Bay Seasoning for the salt and pepper. Yum!!!!!!
The glaze was way too sour for my family's liking. I added honey to it, but no matter how much I added, it didn't seem to remedy the sourness.
very simple and an excellent taste