Scallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce
Kindle cozy conversation with these tender scallops in a spicy sauce from Jan Justice in Catlettsburg, Kentucky. It’s a surefire recipe for warming up a twosome in no time!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Sprinkle scallops with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon salt. In a nonstick
- skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat. Add
- scallops; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until firm and
- Add orange juice and remaining salt to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chipotle pepper.
- Serve over linguine if desired. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without linguine) equals 200 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,