Scallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1. Sprinkle scallops with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon salt. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat. Add scallops; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque.
- 2. Add orange juice and remaining salt to the pan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chipotle pepper.
- 3. Serve over linguine if desired. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without linguine) equals 200 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Scallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce
"I am allergic to scallops, so I made this recipe with chicken instead and thickened the sauce into a gravy with 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch in water. It was outstanding!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.