Kindle cozy conversation with these tender scallops in a spicy sauce from Jan Justice in Catlettsburg, Kentucky. It’s a surefire recipe for warming up a twosome in no time!
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Sprinkle scallops with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon salt. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat. Add scallops; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque.
- Add orange juice and remaining salt to the pan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chipotle pepper.
- Serve over linguine if desired. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review