- 3/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Sprinkle scallops with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon salt. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat. Add scallops; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque.
- Add orange juice and remaining salt to the pan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chipotle pepper.
- Serve over linguine if desired. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Scallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce
Sort By :
I am allergic to scallops, so I made this recipe with chicken instead and thickened the sauce into a gravy with 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch in water. It was outstanding!