Scallops with Angel Hair Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook scallops in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until firm and opaque; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley and reserved scallops; heat through.
- 4. Drain pasta; serve with scallops. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 340 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Scallops with Angel Hair
"1/4 cup of parsley turned the entire thing green. Is that amount correct?"
"Needed more salt and pepper when we ate it, but otherwise, it was pretty good."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.