Scallops with Angel Hair Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook scallops in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until firm and opaque; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley and reserved scallops; heat through.
- Drain pasta; serve with scallops. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Scallops with Angel Hair in Country Woman August/September 2009, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Scallops with Angel Hair
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2012
"Needed more salt and pepper when we ate it, but otherwise, it was pretty good."