Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli
Quick and easy with a gourmet flavor, this savory seafood entree seasons tender bay scallops with garlic, oregano andd pesto sauce,then tosses the mouthwatering mixture with pasta. Marilyn Lustgarten of Wentzville, Missouri shared the recipe. —Marilyn Lustgarten, Wentzville, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the garlic powder, oregano and
- pepper. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir over medium heat for
- 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli;
- toss with scallop mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 536 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.