Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the garlic powder, oregano and pepper. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; toss with scallop mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 536 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.