Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the garlic powder, oregano and pepper. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; toss with scallop mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli
Sort By :
It was great and easy. I added shrimp to the mixture as well. Add salt to it!
This was a quick meal that was delicious. Next time though, I will add as much pesto. That is a personal choice however. It was easy, except for the number of pans used. Wonder what other things could be added? Yum
This dish was absolutely delicious! I couldn't find any vermicelli at the grocery store, so I had to use linguine. It worked really well. My husband loved this dish too. I will definitely be making this again soon.