Quick and easy with a gourmet flavor, this savory seafood entree seasons tender bay scallops with garlic, oregano andd pesto sauce,then tosses the mouthwatering mixture with pasta. Marilyn Lustgarten of Wentzville, Missouri shared the recipe. —Marilyn Lustgarten, Wentzville, Missouri
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the garlic powder, oregano and pepper. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; toss with scallop mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review