- shallots in butter until tender. Add scallops; cook 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until
- smooth; gradually add milk and reserved poaching liquid. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the
- cheese, sherry, salt, lemon juice, pepper and lemon peel; add to
- Divide scallop mixture among eight scallop shells. Combine bread
- crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over tops. Place on an ungreased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 8-12
- minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 250 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.