- shallots in butter until tender. Add scallops; cook 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until
- smooth; gradually add milk and reserved poaching liquid. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese,
- sherry, salt, lemon juice, pepper and lemon peel; add to skillet.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Divide scallop mixture among eight scallop
- shells. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over tops.
- Place on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 8-12 minutes or
- until crumbs are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 250 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now