Scallops in Sage Cream Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook scallops in 2 tablespoons oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without pasta) equals 408 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Scallops in Sage Cream
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.