Scallops in Sage Cream
“I didn’t want to hide the ocean freshness of the scallops I bought on the dock from a local fisherman, so I used simple but perfect ingredients to showcase them.” —Joan Churchill, DOVER, NH.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook
- scallops in 2 tablespoons oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or
- until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender.
- Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until
- slightly thickened.
- Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with
- pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without pasta) equals 408 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a