Scallops in Sage Cream for Two
I didn't want to hide the ocean freshness of the scallops I bought on the dock from a local fisherman, so I used simple but perfect ingredients to showcase them. —Joan Churchill, Dover, New Hampshire
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute
- scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or
- until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender.
- Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until
- slightly thickened.
- Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with
- pasta if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 scallops with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 421 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon