Scallops in Sage Cream for Two Recipe
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
5 scallops with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 421 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.