Scallops in Sage Cream for Two Recipe
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 421 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Scallops in Sage Cream for Two
"I could not believe how easy this recipe was. So very delicious and light. Will absolutely make this again, but without the pasta, only because it made it too filling. Next time with a light salad and maybe grilled asparagus."
"AMAZING !! So quick and so very delish YUMO"
"I fully expected to love this, just by reading the ingredients. It was very good but not great. I place most of the blame for that on my husband, who accidentally bought bay scallops instead of sea scallops. :-( I will definitely try again using sea scallops, and might switch to a light cream rather than heavy next time ... the sauce did seem a bit heavy. Thanks for the recipe!iteach5 ... I assumed that 3 fresh sage meant 3 whole sage leaves."
"Easy and so much flavor! Definitely making this again, and soon! (just doubled for 4!)"
"Question: Does "3 fresh sage" mean 3 whole sage leaves?"
"Absolutely to die for recipe. I have made this several times and it is delicious. If you can afford it, get day boat scallops instead of all others - they will not shrink in size and are so worth the extra cost. Everyone who I have shared this recipe with says it is wonderful. As a matter of fact my husband and I had already decided to make this dish tonight and when I opened up my email I saw that TOH featured it again. GREAT RECIPE!!!"
"I love the way you think! The scallops are fantastic!"
"I've used this recipe since it first appeared in TOH. It's absolutely delicious and has become a family favoite. Occasionally I add a few mushrooms to the sauce."
"This was VERY good and easy. Thanks for the recipe!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.