- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallops in Sage Cream for Two
"Wonderful recipe. Loved it and served it over angel-hair pasta. Will definitely make again. Thanks for the recipe."
"I love scallops so any recipe that stars this delicious shellfish is probably going to be a winner with mean. This was no different. I savored this yummy dish. We had it over fresh fettuccine noodles that I bought in the refrigerator section of my grocery store. Although my favorite way to have scallops is in a butter wine sauce with wilted spinach and balsamic reduction. I would eat this again, but probably won't be making it again. Only because I prefer my "go to" scallop recipe."
"AMAZING !! So quick and so very delish YUMO"
"I fully expected to love this, just by reading the ingredients. It was very good but not great. I place most of the blame for that on my husband, who accidentally bought bay scallops instead of sea scallops. :-( I will definitely try again using sea scallops, and might switch to a light cream rather than heavy next time ... the sauce did seem a bit heavy. Thanks for the recipe!iteach5 ... I assumed that 3 fresh sage meant 3 whole sage leaves."
"easy and so much flavor! Definitely making this again, and soon! (just doubled for 4!)"
"Question: Does "3 fresh sage" mean 3 whole sage leaves?"
"Absolutely to die for recipe. I have made this several times and it is delicious. If you can afford it, get day boat scallops instead of all others - they will not shrink in size and are so worth the extra cost. Everyone who I have shared this recipe with says it is wonderful. As a matter of fact my husband and I had already decided to make this dish tonight and when I opened up my email I saw that TOH featured it again. GREAT RECIPE!!!"
"I love the way you think! The scallops are fantastic!"
"I've used this recipe since it first appeared in TOH. It's absolutely delicious and has become a family favoite. Occasionally I add a few mushrooms to the sauce."