- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallops in Sage Cream for Two
Sort By :
I could not believe how easy this recipe was. So very delicious and light. Will absolutely make this again, but without the pasta, only because it made it too filling. Next time with a light salad and maybe grilled asparagus.
AMAZING !! So quick and so very delish YUMO
I fully expected to love this, just by reading the ingredients. It was very good but not great. I place most of the blame for that on my husband, who accidentally bought bay scallops instead of sea scallops. :-( I will definitely try again using sea scallops, and might switch to a light cream rather than heavy next time ... the sauce did seem a bit heavy. Thanks for the recipe!
iteach5 ... I assumed that 3 fresh sage meant 3 whole sage leaves.
Easy and so much flavor! Definitely making this again, and soon! (just doubled for 4!)
Question: Does "3 fresh sage" mean 3 whole sage leaves?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >