Scallops in Sage Cream Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook scallops in 2 tablespoons oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallops in Sage Cream(10)
Sort By :
This was delicious! Normally, I am not a big fan of scallops, but these were great. I actually used bay instead of sea scallops, because they were MUCH cheaper, and if you just cook them a little less, the recipe still works. The light sauce accents the scallops perfectly!
I have made this several times. The whole family loves it! I love the ease of making this, fabulous dinner!
Good, didn't have any fresh sage, so used dried. Needed a little extra salt and pepper, but was good. Also used a tiny bit of butter in the sauce to make it a bit creamier.
This was fantastic!!! I substituted onions for shallots & added garlic.
Great. Definetly making this again
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >