Scallops Florentine Recipe
This elegant spinach-and-scallops dish created by our Test Kitchen makes a special entree for two. A pleasant Parmesan-garlic sauce complements the scallops in a scrumptious way.
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, thawed and halved
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- In a nonstick skillet, combine 4 tablespoons water, wine or broth, garlic, salt, tarragon and pepper. Bring to a boil; add scallops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese.
- Return scallops to the pan; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, place the spinach and remaining water in a microwave-safe dish; cook on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until slightly wilted. Drain well. Serve scallop mixture over warm spinach. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scallops Florentine in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 17
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Scallops Florentine(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >