Scallops Au Gratin Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds bay scallops
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk, cream, wine, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute scallops and onion in butter until scallops are opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add milk mixture to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain scallops. Add the scallops, mushrooms and tarragon to the sauce; heat through. Stir in Asiago cheese until melted.
- 4. Divide scallop mixture among four 10-oz. baking dishes. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over scallop mixture. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 534 calories, 31 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.