Scallops and Asparagus Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Place asparagus in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry scallops, mushrooms and garlic in canola oil until scallops are opaque and mushrooms are tender. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened.
- 3. Add the asparagus, tomatoes, onions, sesame oil and pepper; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup stir-fry mixture with 1/2 cup rice) equals 215 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Scallops and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.