Scallops and Asparagus Stir-Fry Recipe
Savory scallops, crisp-tender asparagus and juicy cherry tomatoes blend together beautifully in this fresh-tasting stir-fry from Lisa Lancaster of Tracy, California. Sesame oil and soy sauce delicately accent the colorful combo that's festive enough to serve when company comes.
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Place asparagus in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry scallops, mushrooms and garlic in canola oil until scallops are opaque and mushrooms are tender. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Add the asparagus, tomatoes, onions, sesame oil and pepper; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Scallops and Asparagus Stir-fry in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallops and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >