When Georgia Stott of New Glarus, Wisconsin went back to school while still working full-time, fast-fixing recipes became a “necessity of life,” she recalls. Here, the self-described “hard-core recipe addict” shares a speedy seafood supper. TIP: “Try substituting other seafood or herbs to suit your tastes,” she suggests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce with mushrooms
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the scallops, mushrooms and onions in
- butter for 4-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Stir
- in Alfredo sauce. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 150 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now