Bright, colorful and weeknight-simple, this seafood entree is special enough to serve company, too. Lillian Charves - New Bern, North Carolina
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice and turmeric; stir to coat. Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Scallops & Shrimp with Yellow Rice in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p64
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Scallops & Shrimp with Yellow Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review