- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh or canned mushrooms
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 cracker)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium tomatoes, quartered
- In a skillet, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook until heated through. Remove from the heat. Add cracker crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and remaining butter; mix well. Place tomatoes in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with the mushroom mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Tomatoes
Sort By :
"I tried this with Italian bread crumbs instead of crackers. It was tasty but the bread crumbs were too dry and crumbly. Next time I think I'd sprinkle some mozzarella on the tomatoes first, add some Parmesan to the topping making it a sort of Tomato Parmesan dish."
"Great use of summer tomatoes. Will do again."