Scalloped Taters Recipe
This creamy and comforting slow-cooked side tastes great with almost any main dish and is a snap to assemble with convenient frozen hash browns. It's a good way to make potatoes when your oven is busy with other dishes. —Lucinda C. Wolker, Somerset, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, soup, milk, cheese, 1/2 cup butter, onion, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Just before serving, combine the cornflake crumbs and remaining butter in a pie plate. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir the potatoes; sprinkle with crumb topping. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Taters
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC