- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, soup, milk, cheese, 1/2 cup butter, onion, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Just before serving, combine the cornflake crumbs and remaining butter in a pie plate. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir the potatoes; sprinkle with crumb topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Taters
Sort By :
"Giving *4* stars simply b/c haven't made yet. Far be it from me to change recipe around, but, I would use a one pound bag of hash browns instead, plus 3.4 cup milk. Would also use 2 cups cheese."
"absolutely delicious and so easy, just put it in the crock pot and forget it for a while."
"So easy and delicious. :)"
"This is great, I loved it!"
"This recipe is very good, although I have added a dash or so of seasoned salt with it, just to give it a lil something more in taste. Fairly bland otherwise, but still great, and everybody loves it!"