Scalloped Taters Recipe
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, soup, milk, cheese, 1/2 cup butter, onion, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Just before serving, combine the cornflake crumbs and remaining butter in a pie plate. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir the potatoes; sprinkle with crumb topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Taters(5)
Sort By :
absolutely delicious and so easy, just put it in the crock pot and forget it for a while.
So easy and delicious. :)
This is great, I loved it!
This recipe is very good, although I have added a dash or so of seasoned salt with it, just to give it a lil something more in taste. Fairly bland otherwise, but still great, and everybody loves it!
I have had this receipe for a while, it's one of my favorites - instead of corn flake crumbs I have used crushed potato chips, plain and BBQ. This dish is great the first time around but I really don't like it reheated.