- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, soup, milk, cheese, 1/2 cup butter, onion, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Just before serving, combine the cornflake crumbs and remaining butter in a pie plate. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir the potatoes; sprinkle with crumb topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Taters
Sort By :
"Excellent! Easy to make and yummy. My husband is still talking about it.. he says it's the best crock pot dish I have made."
"I have been making this for years. My husband loves it ! Have made it for large groups and received rave reviews. Versatile - can also make it in crock pot ! For a little different taste, just change out the cornflakes for crushed potato chips. I have used bbq chips and sour cream and onion chips."
"First off, this is NOT scalloped potatoes!!! Any time cheese is in the recipe, it is Au Gratin!!! Scalloped potatoes are: potatoes, milk, butter and seasonings!"
"Giving *4* stars simply b/c haven't made yet. Far be it from me to change recipe around, but, I would use a one pound bag of hash browns instead, plus 3.4 cup milk. Would also use 2 cups cheese."
"absolutely delicious and so easy, just put it in the crock pot and forget it for a while."