Scalloped Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer half the sweet potato slices, apple slices and crumbs. Repeat layers. Pour corn syrup over top; sprinkle with salt. Dot with butter; sprinkle with nuts. Cover and bake at 400° for 35 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Sweet Potatoes(3)
Sort By :
Found this recipe once again tucked away in RB. Have couple cans of canbned sweet potatoes (without the sweet coating) to use. Used to make when kids were kids. Will either leave out corn syrup or use just a touch.
Delicious! The bread crumbs were a nice touch.
I doubled recipe the except for the corn syup. Both of my kids and my husband loved it. Sweet enough to be dessert!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >