Scalloped Squash and Apples Recipe
"This recipe is a tasty variation on traditional squash with brown sugar and butter," informs Jeanne Bunders of Wauzeka, Wisconsin. Orange juice and apple chunks lend a subtle sweetness to the pleasing side dish.
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, alternately layer squash and apples.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over squash and apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 161 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 6g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Scalloped Squash and Apples
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC