Scalloped Squash and Apples Recipe
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, alternately layer squash and apples.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over squash and apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 161 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.