Scalloped Squash and Apples Recipe
"This recipe is a tasty variation on traditional squash with brown sugar and butter," informs Jeanne Bunders of Wauzeka, Wisconsin. Orange juice and apple chunks lend a subtle sweetness to the pleasing side dish.
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, alternately layer squash and apples.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over squash and apples. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Squash and Apples in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p7
Reviews for Scalloped Squash and Apples(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >