Scalloped Shrimp and Potatoes
Shrimp and spinach take the flavors up a notch in our cheesy potato main dish. It really couldn’t be easier to fix. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, combine the potatoes, contents of sauce mix
- packet, water and milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring
- Add shrimp and spinach. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Stir
- in cheese until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 362 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 201 mg cholesterol, 925 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.