Scalloped Potatoes with Ham Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, grated
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion; place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham(56)
Sort By :
This recipe was a definite winner for my family. When trying a new recipe, I always follow the recipe true to the recipe written. By doing it that way, my family helps me tweak it for next time. However, my family told me not to add or delete anything to this recipe. My daughter said it was as good as her grandmother's scalloped potatoes. Now that was a really hard thing for her to admit since no one cooked like her grandmother. So this family gives a strong high five and a little on the side to this recipe!
These potatoes are so tasty! I served them with Parmesan pork chops and dinner was a delight! I love the spices used; they really dress up scalloped potatoes.
My husband and I loved this dish! I made this into a brunch meal today and it was wonderful! I was out of ham so I cut up 6 slices of bacon in small pieces and fried and drained them.
And instead of adding the onion with the potatoes, I finely chopped some green onion along
with some finely chopped yellow onion and saluted it in the butter with the herbs before adding
the flour and milk. I sprinkled a shredded 3 cheese mixture on top when serving . And to go with
this dish I made my husband an omelet with cheese and crumbled sausage with green pepper
& onion. The two went together so well.....my husband said it was better than eating breakfast out!
Hands down the best scalloped potatoes and ham I've ever eaten. I didn't change anything but I will add more onion next time. There were no leftovers and I made an extra large batch! The family loved it. I will make it again soon.
Delish dish!!! Didn't have thyme, so I substituted basil. Also did not put additional butter on top, instead sprinkled with a little cheddar cheese. Hubby loved it. Will definitely make again!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Potato Casserole >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >
- Side Dish Recipes >