Scalloped Potatoes with Ham Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, grated
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion; place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham(46)
Sort By :
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe! I did not cut down on the milk it just takes a bit to thicken and boil. Probably added too many potatoes but it still turned out wonderful. I agree adding cheese would be great along with the garlic powder! Great as is though
Added ground mustard and a little garlic powder flavor great would not put butter on top next time
Very creamy and hardy.
Great recipe. The grand kids even liked it. Easy to make.
Very good and so creamy. I followed the advice of other readers and added the ground mustard, garlic and the cheese at the last. Also, I made half the recipe and it was enough for four servings.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Potato Casserole >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >
- Side Dish Recipes >