Scalloped Potatoes with Ham Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, grated
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion; place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe. Used leftover ham from Christmas and made just as instructed and it turned out great."
"Love it. I agree with daisy light not enough sauce. Maybe add a dab more milk"
"This is probably the best scalloped potato and ham recipe I've ever had! The thyme gives it such good flavor. I'm going to be making this for a big convention coming up in two weeks.....using a honey baked ham. So nervous about adjusting it to serve 200 people. Wish me luck!!!"
"It was delicious the only change I made was I added american cheese, I wii always use this recipe loved it!!! I cut the cheese in pieces and put it in the milk mixture after it boiled"
"Very good! I've made with and without ham. I add 3C. ham to recipe and sometimes shredded cheddar. This recipe also halves nicely for small families. My only complaint is there doesn't seem to be enough sauce, I add a little extra milk."