Scalloped Potatoes with Ham For 2 Recipe
When you don't want to bake a ham for Easter, this is a nice alternative, suggests Mark Baccus of Melbourne Beach, Florida.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning until smooth. Gradually add milk, sherry and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. Place half of the potato slices in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with the ham, onion and half of the white sauce. Repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 485 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham For 2
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC