- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning until smooth. Gradually add milk, sherry and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Place half of the potato slices in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with the ham, onion and half of the white sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham For 2
"Perfect for two is right on. It goes together very quickly. bake time is just about right. After removing the foil I upped the temperature to 375 for the last 10 minutes. I added a small salad to round out the meal. Servings are ample and filling. Next time I'd add just a drop of Mustard to the cheese sauce. Looking for easy this one will fit the bill. Happy to endorse this one.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"Best scalloped potato recipe ever."
"Excellent recipe...especially if you have leftover ham to use. I saut?ed the onions. Great flavor."
"And a whole lot of love, GeekMommy!!"
"Yummy! Great way to use up leftovers. First time I made it with thin-sliced deli ham. I'll be using regular baked ham next time but will likely slice it for layering just as a preference. Thanks for the newsflash, sstrunck, not a meal for everyday consumption so adjust ingredients as necessary."
"I rarely follow a recipe exactly. So, I lightened this recipe by using a lite cheese sauce recipe (no butter, low fat cheddar, 1% milk). To me, 3 things make this recipe - no canned soup, a little kick in the spices, and the touch of sherry!"
"for s skunk and more like her or him.so it has too many calories and fat. just dont make it. not everyone has to worry about that stuff.dont give an opinion on something you didnt even try.i thought it was very good. you know you can sub on things that dont suit you!!"
"Too many calories and too much fat."