- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning until smooth. Gradually add milk, sherry and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Place half of the potato slices in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with the ham, onion and half of the white sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham For 2(6)
Sort By :
And a whole lot of love, GeekMommy!!
Yummy! Great way to use up leftovers. First time I made it with thin-sliced deli ham. I'll be using regular baked ham next time but will likely slice it for layering just as a preference. Thanks for the newsflash, sstrunck, not a meal for everyday consumption so adjust ingredients as necessary.
I rarely follow a recipe exactly. So, I lightened this recipe by using a lite cheese sauce recipe (no butter, low fat cheddar, 1% milk). To me, 3 things make this recipe - no canned soup, a little kick in the spices, and the touch of sherry!
for s skunk and more like her or him.so it has too many calories and fat. just dont make it. not everyone has to worry about that stuff.dont give an opinion on something you didnt even try.i thought it was very good. you know you can sub on things that dont suit you!!
I made this for Christmas dinner for me and my husband. I heated up some carrots and peas and it was perfect. We had leftovers for the next day too.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Casserole Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >