- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 medium red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add potatoes, ham and cheese; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 65-70 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham & Cheese
Sort By :
Delish! Like a previous poster, I didn't have cream of potato soup, so I subbed cream of chicken instead, otherwise I made it as-is. I sliced the potatoes VERY thin in the food processor, but I stilled cooked it about an hour and a quarter. Before I baked it I wasn't sure if I should add more soup, because it looked dry---but it came out with just the right saucy consistency. This is a big keeper!
This was very good...I added some fat free sour cream and chives, and only used 2c of diced ham which was plenty. It did need at least 90 minutes to fully cook, and it looked like a lot of potatoes to add but it does end up cooking down a lot. I also think I'll add more onion next time and use a cream of mushroom and garlic instead of the cream of potato for extra flavor.
I didn't have the exact ingredients so I used cream of chicken soup instead of cream of potato and instead of the mozzarella, I used a jar of Con-Queso cheese and baked it for 90 minutes. Since it is just my husband and me, I divided it in half - freezing one and baking the other. Excellent!
I'm bringing to Family Easter dinner. It is very good! Simple to put together. I only used the 2 cup pkg. of cubed ham and was enough ham for me...The mozzarella cheese was a different twist but was sooo good! My son is a picky eater, I think, but he enjoyed it! I did leave out onion, as I knew he would not touch it if he saw an onion!
Cooked this for my work holiday potluck and it was the first dish gone. Will make this every time now Thanks
More Recipe Collections
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ham Casserole Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Casserole >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >