- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, grated
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion; place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
Sort By :
"I added a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the sauce. I also added the grated onion to the sauce and it was easier to blend than mixing with the potaoes. Very good!"
"Great recipe!! I decided to make it but didn't have enough milk, so grabbed a can of what I thought was evaporated milk, but instead I opened a can of coconut milk. I added a can of water to go with it. It was the best scalloped potatoes I've tasted. And another bonus, my son has a slight sensitivity to milk, so I guess he will try it!!"
"I knew this was going to be good even before it came out of the oven. It was absolutely delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out perfectly. The addition of thyme (admittedly my favorite herb) was just right. I will definitely be making this again."
"This was a great recipe to use up a small ham I had. It reheats well too.I noticed some people had issues with the sauce. I can't say I did because I always add more flour or milk as needed when making it. I bet if you follow the sauce recipe exactly, you might find it too thin or not enough sauce."
"Real good! Based on lots of reviews, I added a bit of cornstarch to make the sauce a bit thicker and stirred in one 4 oz. pkg of Velveeta queso blanco cheese sauce after removing sauce from heat. Yum!!"