Scalloped Potatoes with Ham Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, grated
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, parsley, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion; place half in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes with Ham(53)
Sort By :
Hands down the best scalloped potatoes and ham I've ever eaten. I didn't change anything but I will add more onion next time. There were no leftovers and I made an extra large batch! The family loved it. I will make it again soon.
Delish dish!!! Didn't have thyme, so I substituted basil. Also did not put additional butter on top, instead sprinkled with a little cheddar cheese. Hubby loved it. Will definitely make again!!!
This is in the comfort food category . It's a stick to your ribs kinda meal. My whole family liked it so its on the "make again" list. Personally, for me, it was okay! Only thing I added was some cheese on top at the end. I think next time I'd add a veggie .....maybe some peas and will add some garlic too! Obviously, there will be a next time for this dish.
I had potatoes that needed used up. Instead of dotting with butter, I sprinkled with cheese. Followed the recipe exactly otherwise. Husband enjoyed it.
This pulled together pretty easily but I used skim instead of 2% and think I could've cut back on amount since it had less fat content. I left the peels on the potatoes since I sliced them so thin....thought it had good flavor. Given the time to bake and calories I'm not sure I'll make again even though we thought it tasted good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Potato Casserole >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >
- Side Dish Recipes >