Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 large)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Dash each salt, pepper and ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 to 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1. Place half of the potatoes in a greased small ovenproof skillet; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Dot with butter.
- 2. Add enough cream to fill skillet about three-fourths full. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 3. Carefully place skillet in oven. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 353 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin
"Thank you for this time saving tip. We added saut?ed onion and chopped bacon that we cooked in the same skillet first.Hampton, NH"