Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 large)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Dash each salt, pepper and ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 to 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1. Place half of the potatoes in a greased small ovenproof skillet; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Dot with butter.
- 2. Add enough cream to fill skillet about three-fourths full. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 3. Carefully place skillet in oven. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 353 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin
"Thank you for this time saving tip. We added saut?ed onion and chopped bacon that we cooked in the same skillet first.Hampton, NH"