Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops Recipe
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Combine the soup and sour cream; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile in a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides. Place chops on top of casserole. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until chops are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops
"This is one of my son's favorite ways to have pork chops!!"
"Delicious, one pan, easy, and very filling....just perfect for my family. Will make this recipe a part of our regular menu."
"My family enjoyed. An easy dish to make. Definitely a comfort meal.Field Editor"
"This is very good. I love scalloped potatoes. This recipe is much easier and faster than making a bechamel sauce from scratch. The onions and sour cream are very good."
"did not like the taste"
"Delish and so easy, made this at least 15 times."
"This is a super easy & very tasty recipe. My hubby loves it as does everyone who comes over for a hearty meal. While the cream of mushroom soup may not be the healthiest option (that is one long list of ingredients on the can!), it is still a great standby recipe with ingredients that can easily be on hand at minimal expense. I've also found success in upping the cooking temp to make up for not enough alloted cooking time, which has worked perfectly. All around a great one!"
"Personally my best dish to make. Very simple and tasty. Made this plenty of times and has always been a personal favotite of mine and my family. Would recommend (don't let the mushroom soup scare you) !!!"
"The pork chops came out dry. The sauce needed something more as I can not have salt. It was very bland."
"This came out great, for added flavor I added some sherry, 2 tbsp ketchup and a little brown sugar to the sauce ingredients and browned the chops on the grill instead of pan frying - Came out great"
"Good recipe....but I add about 1 cups of milk to made sauce creamier."
"not much beats a good potato and pork recipe!"
"Have made it for years, and it's in the oven right now! Chops are tender and tasty, and there's lots of sauce for the potatoes. A keeper!"
"I made this and it came out dry. It seems like there ought to be more liquid."