- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Combine the soup and sour cream; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides. Place chops on top of casserole. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until chops are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forScalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops
"Delicious and very easy to make. Makes a great potluck dish or one to prepare for someone in need!"
"Delicious, one pan, easy, and very filling....just perfect for my family. Will make this recipe a part of our regular menu."
"My family enjoyed. An easy dish to make. Definitely a comfort meal.Field Editor"
"This is very good. I love scalloped potatoes. This recipe is much easier and faster than making a bechamel sauce from scratch. The onions and sour cream are very good."
"did not like the taste"
"Good, easy weeknight recipe. I added a little bit of milk to the sour cream/mushroom soup mixture."
"Delish and so easy, made this at least 15 times."