- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Combine the soup and sour cream; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides. Place chops on top of casserole. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until chops are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops
"Simple and good. Cut in half for the two of us - probably could be in oven shorter time when halved. Served with lettuce/shredded cheese and Western dressing and garlic bread. Will try with chicken breast, too. Use other half soup and sour cream next day for a tuna/noodle casserole."
"Delicious, one pan, easy, and very filling....just perfect for my family. Will make this recipe a part of our regular menu."
"My family enjoyed. An easy dish to make. Definitely a comfort meal.Field Editor"
"This is very good. I love scalloped potatoes. This recipe is much easier and faster than making a bechamel sauce from scratch. The onions and sour cream are very good."
"did not like the taste"
"Good, easy weeknight recipe. I added a little bit of milk to the sour cream/mushroom soup mixture."
"Delish and so easy, made this at least 15 times."
"This is a super easy & very tasty recipe. My hubby loves it as does everyone who comes over for a hearty meal. While the cream of mushroom soup may not be the healthiest option (that is one long list of ingredients on the can!), it is still a great standby recipe with ingredients that can easily be on hand at minimal expense. I've also found success in upping the cooking temp to make up for not enough alloted cooking time, which has worked perfectly. All around a great one!"
"Personally my best dish to make. Very simple and tasty. Made this plenty of times and has always been a personal favotite of mine and my family. Would recommend (don't let the mushroom soup scare you) !!!"