Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops Recipe
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Combine the soup and sour cream; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides. Place chops on top of casserole. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until chops are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Delicious, one pan, easy, and very filling....just perfect for my family. Will make this recipe a part of our regular menu."
"My family enjoyed. An easy dish to make. Definitely a comfort meal.Field Editor"
"This is very good. I love scalloped potatoes. This recipe is much easier and faster than making a bechamel sauce from scratch. The onions and sour cream are very good."
"We had this for dinner yesterday and absolutely loved it. We used cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup and even my 12 year old grandson thought it was a terrific dinner. This is a keeper"
"did not like the taste"