Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops Recipe
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Combine the soup and sour cream; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides. Place chops on top of casserole. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until chops are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops(5)
Sort By :
We had this for dinner yesterday and absolutely loved it. We used cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup and even my 12 year old grandson thought it was a terrific dinner. This is a keeper
did not like the taste
Good, easy weeknight recipe. I added a little bit of milk to the sour cream/mushroom soup mixture.
Delish and so easy, made this at least 15 times.
This is a super easy & very tasty recipe. My hubby loves it as does everyone who comes over for a hearty meal. While the cream of mushroom soup may not be the healthiest option (that is one long list of ingredients on the can!), it is still a great standby recipe with ingredients that can easily be on hand at minimal expense. I've also found success in upping the cooking temp to make up for not enough alloted cooking time, which has worked perfectly. All around a great one!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >