Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
A friend of mine served this scrumptious, comforting dish at her wedding. I liked it so much, I asked for the recipe. The potatoes and ham taste covered in a creamy cheese sauce.—Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
40 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 10 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 pounds fully cooked ham, cubed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In two large bowls, combine soups and milk. Add potatoes and ham;
- toss to coat. Divide among four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until potatoes are
- tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 casseroles (10 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 226 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 970 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer