Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Ham Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine creamer and water until smooth. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, onion, salt and paprika until smooth; gradually add creamer mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine potatoes and ham. Pour sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Ham Casserole
Sort By :
Family loved it!!!!! I cooked the sauce on stove as directed then placed everything in crock pot and cooked on high for about 4 hrs. Stirred in cheese about 10 min before serving. Next time going to use real onion instead of dried to try and add just a bit more zip.
The best scalloped potatoes I have every eaten. Very easy to make. I used heavy cream and milk and doubled the recipe. We had it for two meals, and then leftovers with scrambled eggs and smoked sausage a few days later. Will now become a staple!
My Family loved it. My daughter wanted to lick her plate clean! I added fresh onion and a little garlic. Took out the extra salt too. Once it sat and cooled a little bit it became thick and creamy. Perfect on a cool rainy night.
Served this to the logging crew, and they absolutely loved it! I used my apple-peeler-corer-slicer and made spiral potatoes, which took less time to cook because there weren't potatoes stacked on top of each other.
One of the better scalloped potatoes and ham recipes I've made. Cook time was longer since I used a 13x9" pan. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Casserole Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >