Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Ham Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine creamer and water until smooth. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, onion, salt and paprika until smooth; gradually add creamer mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine potatoes and ham. Pour sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Ham Casserole
Sort By :
"Great taste. I'm glad I made a double batch, because my family gobbled it up."
"Family loved it!!!!! I cooked the sauce on stove as directed then placed everything in crock pot and cooked on high for about 4 hrs. Stirred in cheese about 10 min before serving. Next time going to use real onion instead of dried to try and add just a bit more zip."
"The best scalloped potatoes I have every eaten. Very easy to make. I used heavy cream and milk and doubled the recipe. We had it for two meals, and then leftovers with scrambled eggs and smoked sausage a few days later. Will now become a staple!"
"My Family loved it. My daughter wanted to lick her plate clean! I added fresh onion and a little garlic. Took out the extra salt too. Once it sat and cooled a little bit it became thick and creamy. Perfect on a cool rainy night."
"Served this to the logging crew, and they absolutely loved it! I used my apple-peeler-corer-slicer and made spiral potatoes, which took less time to cook because there weren't potatoes stacked on top of each other."