- 3/4 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix creamer and water until smooth. In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt and paprika until smooth; gradually add creamer mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and ham; pour sauce over top. Bake, covered, 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes 'n' Ham Casserole
Sort By :
"Was delicious needed 4 cups ham though 2 wasn't enough."
"great taste. Family gobbled it up"
"Family loved it!!!!! I cooked the sauce on stove as directed then placed everything in crock pot and cooked on high for about 4 hrs. Stirred in cheese about 10 min before serving. Next time going to use real onion instead of dried to try and add just a bit more zip."
"The best scalloped potatoes I have every eaten. Very easy to make. I used heavy cream and milk and doubled the recipe. We had it for two meals, and then leftovers with scrambled eggs and smoked sausage a few days later. Will now become a staple!"
"My Family loved it. My daughter wanted to lick her plate clean! I added fresh onion and a little garlic. Took out the extra salt too. Once it sat and cooled a little bit it became thick and creamy. Perfect on a cool rainy night."